We get a lot of phone calls at Ang Dental, all asking the same thing.
What is the cheapest way to straighten teeth? and how long does it take?
We can understand why people ask, as teeth straightening has always been associated with large dental bills which can be a little off putting however technology and costs have changed over the years and this has enabled alot of people to get their teeth fixed at a very reasonable price from a very reputable dentist. Coupled with there are many ways to pay teeth work on a plan to make it affordable. Most dentists now accept the major health funds and also Gem Visa to assist with the payment. We do at Ang Dental and this is a popular method of payment and acknowledged as being the norm for younger people in particular.
However the question should also be…. will I get a good result if I go for the lowest price and what will be the downside of getting a poor job?
Having a professional dentist look after your teeth (including the teeth whitening) is critical. After all you only have one mouth and if they get it wrong it can be painful and expensive.
Here is a saying that was written in 1864 by John Ruskin (he was not a dentist by the way, but this is totally relevant.
Here it is
It’s unwise to pay too much, but it’s worse to pay too little.
When you pay too much, you lose a little money – that’s all. When you pay
too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you
bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The
common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a
lot – it can’t be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well
to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will
have enough to pay for something better.”
John Ruskin 1864
So here are the 5 steps for getting your teeth straightened inexpensively
1. Get some quotes from Dentists to compare (we are happy to give you a quote on our $38 promotion)
2. Make sure you comparing apples with apples. Not all systems for straight teeth are the same, and there are many facets to consider such as can you eat normally, what happens at night when you are asleep, are they easy to get on and off, will they hurt and so on.
3. Get the dentist to work out the payment plan for you and make sure it is affordable. The Dentists should still do you a good deal even though the job may be on finance
4. Make sure you are comfortable with your Dentist. After all a teeth straightening procedure takes a bit of time so you will need to visit and get checkups. Not a lot of fun if the person you are seeing is not your cup of tea!
5. Lastly make sure you can still maintain dental hygiene and be able to do this yourself easily and effectively. No-one likes bad breath and this can be a risk with the wrong system
Talk to us about your teeth and see what solutions we have to match your needs
Hope to see you in clinic soon